Blessed birthday, Mintra!
I went bowling for the first time last night, and it was such an incredible, light-hearted experience! From hearing about Robert’s story about when he accidentally wore his pair of bowling shoes home (and left his own pair of shoes at the bowling alley), to meeting amazing friends of friends, and to getting my very first strike! It definitely was a treat to see everyone in their wound down states and embracing the carefree youthfulness of the night.
There were a few things that I learned last night:
- If You’re a shoe size 38, go for 37 instead. Bowling shoes seem to go a little bigger.
- There are 3 holes bored into a bowling ball. They’re for Your thumb, middle and ring finger, not Your thumb, index and middle finger (like I thought it was)…
- The “F” on the scoreboard doesn’t mean ‘FAIL’ (as per what Hanseul and I thought), it means ‘FOUL’ because You’ve stepped over the foul line (the line at the beginning of the lane).
- If You ever want funky lighting for photos, go to a bowling alley.
- Likewise, if You ever want a fabulous birthday bash, go to a bowling alley.
- A little fun with the right people at the right time never hurt anyone.
Watch in HD!
In each lane, there would always be one yellow pin, and whenever the yellow pin ends up being the front, centre one, You would get the chance to go to a ‘games counter’ where You can hilarious carnival-like games for a chance to win tokens. These tokens can be used for a lucky draw that would take place at 10pm. I got 3 tokens but couldn’t stay for the lucky draw because my parking ticket was going to expire at 9.55pm! I gave my tokens to Robert. 🙂
For my first time bowling, the scores weren’t too shabby, or? 🙂 Thanks again for the invite, Mintra. Happy 20th!