Seven things from the 13th of October 2016:
- My Dad played tennis with Miriam’s Dad. Georg vs. George.
- The CNN documentary, WE WILL RISE: A campaign to get more girls in school, blew me away.
- I found out about a contest that was held to find this year’s funniest animal photo.
- I’ve been really into bullet journals lately and these look just about perfect: 29 Bullet Journal Layouts For Anyone Trying To Be Healthy
- If there’s one song to get me moving, it’s Marching Bands by Neon Dreams (feat. Kardinal Offishall).
- My external hard disk crashed and so basically, all of my photos since 2013 have been wiped out. Everything, everything, … I went to a data recovery centre here in Munich and I’ve got my fingers crossed that a miracle might just happen. You know how if You were to lose certain things, You can comfort Yourself by saying that in 10 years time it won’t matter? It doesn’t apply to photos. If anything, photos increase in value over the years, and it just breaks my heart knowing that if my memory ever fails me, all of the incredible things I’ve experienced in the past 3.5 years will really cease to exist. I turn to the kitchen when I feel down, and so this brings me to no. 7.
- Snowy Acai Bars. Recipe below.
10 Medjool dates
1 tbsp maple syrup
1 – 2 tbsp lemon juice (OPTIONAL but highly recommended)
1 tsp vanilla powder
2 tbsp fine rolled oats
2 tbsp chia/ flax seeds
3 tbsp desiccated coconut
1/2 cup nuts (any type, I used 1/4 cup almonds & 1/4 cups cashews)
2 – 3 tbsp acai powder (depending on how strong You’d like its flavour to be)
2 tbsp hemp seeds (OPTIONAL)
3 heaping tbsp dried fruits (I used dried mulberries) (OPTIONAL)
- Pit the dates and place them in a food processor/ blender and pulse them slightly.
- Add the rest of the ingredients into the food processor/ blender and pulse till well combined.
- Bliss balls: Roll into balls (roll them in desiccated coconut) and store in an airtight container in the fridge. **And if You’d like to make an ‘Acai Energy Ball Surprise’ like Niomi did here, add an extra nut in each bliss ball! 😉
Bars: Line a tray/ tupperware with parchment/ baking paper and mash the snowy acai date mixture until flat. Store in the fridge for about an hour and use a knife to portion the flattened mixture into bars. Store in an airtight container in the fridge.