You know a pancake recipe is a keeper when: 1) It takes less than 7 minutes to put everything together; 2) You manage to flip the pancakes with minimal effort (this is coming from someone who usually cannot flip pancakes even if her life depended on it); 3) You hear angels singing when You take Your first bite.
“True happiness is to enjoy the present, without anxious dependence upon the future, not to amuse ourselves with either hopes or fears but to rest satisfied with what we have, which is sufficient, for he that is so wants nothing.” ― Seneca
It’s so easy to enjoy living — despite dreary grey clouds and wet pavements — when one has colourful berries to savour and sweet maple syrup to drench one’s pancakes in. Life is as simple as we make it.
Handful of blueberries
250ml plant-based milk
1 tsp apple cider vinegar
1 tbsp melted coconut oil
1 flax egg: 2.5 tbsp water + 1 tbsp flaxseed meal
1 tbsp coconut sugar
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
*This set of ingredients makes up 1 serving.
- In a large bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, and sugar. Make a well in the centre and pour in the wet ingredients. Whisk until smooth.
- IMPORTANT: Let the batter sit for 5-7 minutes to allow it to thicken up.
- Heat a lightly coconut-oiled frying pan (or simply use a non-stick pan like I did) over medium-high heat. (Make sure it is sufficiently heated before You start making Your pancakes!) Pour/ scoop the batter onto the pan, depending on how big You’d like them to be. Tip: the smaller Your pancakes, the easier they’ll be to flip.
- Optional: Warm Your oven and keep Your plate of pancakes in it while You’re making more pancakes.
- Topping options: Dairy-free yoghurt, syrup (I used maple!), fruits, nuts, seeds, etc.
This recipe is phenomenal. Thank You Tim.